Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Talen

I realize that I have not posted in many months, and I promise to catch up soon. This move has really thrown me off my groove, and I am just now trying to circle back around to the person I know myself to be. These big moves always take me a good year to finally feel normal again. The kids are happy, J.D. is making himself useful at work, the home is unpacked and comfortable, and now I can focus on me. This move coincided with my baby starting all day kindergarten, thereby marking the first time in almost 14 years that I have not had a little person home with me all day. I thought this meant FREEDOM to do what ever I wanted...what do I want to do? Pedicures, lunches with friends, gym, long lazy mornings in Starbucks killing time before the kids were home and I was "ON" again. All this had been nice, but I have realized that sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much. What I know now is that I am a home maker, I love to be home. I love preparing new meals and treats that fill the house with a welcoming smell when my boys come home. I love to read and to read to my boys. I love to post on my blog/family journal because I have come to the truth that I am not now and never will be a scrapbooking mom and printing this at the end of every year is how I have chosen to document our little life. I am not a dog person (and this is okay). I am not afraid to tell anyone that asks that my best friend in the whole world is J.D. I love when my boys have a school project that I get to "help" with. I love to read about anatomy. I love to teach Pilates and watch how it can help people. I know that the spirit can move me, and it is not always going to be at church on Sunday. And most importantly I know that attitude is everything, if I think I am going to find joy in my day I will. And so to mark my first post since moving to Chile I celebrate with Talen's Birthday post. Talen you are 11! You love Chess You made the A Team on swim team this year! You still love blue You love Call of Duty, but can still enjoy the Sound Of Music with me. I love hearing from your friends and teachers what a great kid you are...even though I already know this. I hope you never stop wanting to hug me with your whole heart! You look more and more like your dad everyday. You are still the best big brother, Brodie waits everyday for you to get home so he can play with you. My favorite sound is your laughter after I turn the lights out and close the door each night. I hope you always remain close to your brothers. I love you Talen and hope 11 is the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment